Carpeting is one of the most cost-effective flooring options in the market. However, installing carpets on your floor isn’t as easy as it sounds. It’s a bit tricky especially if it’s your first time installing carpets. While carpet installation is doable, it’s not always recommended for a novice to install them. The installation process, after all, requires a certain degree of experience, skill, and the right equipment. Without a combination of these three, it wouldn’t be easy to install carpets. However, nothing really gets in between homeowners who like to do things themselves. Here are some tips on carpet installation that you will find useful:
Pro tip – always consider hiring a professional as your first choice when it comes to carpet installation
- Rent the right tools – one of the mistakes that DIYers often make is proceeding with the carpet installation in North Myrtle beach without the proper tools. It’s good to note that as with any other flooring installation, the right tools are always needed. The good thing about this is that you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on tools. You can simply rent the tools. This gives you freedom in terms of finances. Just make sure you know how to use the tools and return them in good shape.
- Learn the proper way of using a carpet stretcher – still don’t think carpet flooring installation is hard? Try using a carpet stretcher yourself and you’d understand the reason why most homeowners prefer to have their carpets professionally installed. If you do, however, proceed with the installation yourself, be sure that you know how to use a carpet stretcher. When the carpet isn’t stretched all the way, the slack could potentially be dangerous.
- Properly install tack strips – tack strips are just basically wooden strips that are used to secure the carpet in place. There must be some space between the wall and the tack strips. This is to make sure there is enough room for the carpet to be tucked in.
- Buy extra – when you are installing a non-patterned carpet, you don’t really need to buy extra. However, when you are planning on installing patterned carpets, you should buy extra to make sure that all corners and even and that there are no awkward places.
- Attach padding accordingly- one rule of thumb when installing carpets is to not attach the padding over the tack strips. Although the padding needs to touch the edges of the tack strips, it should not overlap.
- Consider hiring a professional – while there’s a lot of things a homeowner can do, it’s not always guaranteed that everything will turn out fine. It’s a good thing to note that with carpet installation, you shouldn’t always gamble with DIY. It is still always better to look for professionals like NMB Flooring Pros to go and have the carpets installed. This way, you can rest assured that the carpets are installed as they should.
Can’t decide which type of flooring is best for your home? Call NMB Flooring Pros today!
NMB Flooring Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582